Clinicians employed by all English NHS Ambulance Services can create a free OpenAthens account giving you access to a range of high quality information online. This includes:
- Thousands of journals, including those from the British Medical Journal (BMJ) and the American Medical Association (AMA) collections.
- Ambulance specific e-books.
- Database searches including ProQuest, Cinahl, Medline etc.
If you haven’t already got an account, you can apply quickly and easily for one online. You will need to use your NHS Trust e-mail account (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org) and ideally sign-up from an NHS computer – either a physical computer on work premises or via Citrix.
To create your account:
- Go to https://openathens.nice.org.uk, ideally from a Trust connection.
- Complete the application form with your personal details.
- Confirm your acceptance of the terms & conditions and privacy notice and submit your application.
- Check your work e-mail account to complete your registration.